Since 1922, we have been a beacon of light for our community
In 1922, a group of residents of the Lordship neighborhood of Stratford laid the foundation for the Lordship Community Church by organizing a non-denominational Protestant Sunday School to provide moral and religious instructions for the children and youth of the area. Soon, afternoon worship services began to be organized and visiting clergy were invited to lead them in the public school house. By 1927, having outgrown the facilities of the public school, we moved into a building on Stratford Road.
We moved to our current location in 1950, after purchasing and relocating a church building from Vermont. Since that time, we have been committed to spreading God’s Word and providing a loving community for our members and the surrounding area.
Our vision is to be a church reaching out into the community, sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and nurturing the faith of the next generation.
As we reach our 100th anniversary, we are still a beacon of light for the community.